Flexi sculpties!

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 / by

I first learned about flexi sculpties over at Ana's blog a few months ago. I was very enthusiastic about them and was waiting for their introduction since then (there is a patch on JIRA that is being worked on). A few days ago Sql told me he found a viewer that already supports flexi sculpties, so, of course, we went playing with them right away. What we noticed is that they often act weird and not as you would expect, and it seems there is still a lot of work to do before they are introduced in the regular viewer (currently they look like flexi cylinders if you are logged in with regular viewer). Nonetheless, they are fun to play with. I made a little movie out of my experiments - please excuse the rough shapes and textures of the sculpties I present here, as they were only made for testing purposes and I didn't feel like spending too much time on them ;)



So what do you think? Once flexi sculpties are introduced, we're going to have swaying plants and flowers, sculpted trees moving like the Linden trees, flexi fish' fins and birds' wings, skirts (and other clothing elements) blowing in the wind, blankets, table-cloths, curtains, hair flowing in the wind, and all the other creative things people will surely make. Imagine combining flexi sculpties together with dynamic shadows. Aah, SL is getting even more beautiful!

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. omg you both (you and your Romeo vel Sql) are too smart for me.
    But!
    I know one, if creators will be able to use flexi sculps, hair on my blog will be better!
    hahaha
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary. It will be so easy to lose ourselves in it. Just a tought. But it will be sooooo beautyful! Dream world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for these things ^^ I want dynamic shadows, flexi sculpties and avatar puppeteering :) Oh, and my own SL island too :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! Whole lotta fun!

    My bender skills beg to be developed.
    P.S. Love your cactus :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Bender' skills :P 'Bite my shiny......' hahahah ;) Naaah, I know you meant Blender :* I still learn too. So many things to find out about Blender...

    ReplyDelete