Quick tip: how to easily find repeating landmarks

Monday, July 27, 2009 / by

Recently I decided to sort my landmarks. I never did that ever since I joined SL in 2006, so you can imagine how huge and messy my Landmarks folder was! Now it's all pretty and arranged in folders but still there are landmarks in various clothes or furniture folders, and it's hard to notice the repeating ones. I could have of course checked folder by folder, or have randomly typed names of stores or places, but I wanted something easier and faster. And I found the way! When you open the map, you can use the drop-down Landmarks list to spot groups of similar landmarks. These are all landmarks from your inventory sorted alphabetically, so it's really easy to find the ones you can delete. You still have to go to your inventory to sort them out, but at least you know what you're looking for.

Landmarks Quick Tip

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Oh great, why didnt you show me that before I lost my temper and tossed eveything into a huge and scary box...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that looks great. I need to do that too, I bet I have hundreds of doubles :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Uzi
    Hehe, why didn't I think about your method earlier! It's so much easier and faster ;) *hugs* <3

    @Daed
    I was suprised when I looked the first time at that list. So many repeating landmarks - but then, when I started deleting them, the number of items in my inventory lowered nicely ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theres an easier way.
    In your inventory you can have filters. One of the filters is to just show landmarks only.
    It's a lot easier to spot multiple landmarks when all your inventory is showing is landmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip :) I use filters for other inventory items sometimes, however with landmarks it just doesn't work for me (I guess I've got too many of them). Even when I use filters, the landmarks stay in their respective folders, and that's too distracting. When I use drop-down list on the map, I can easily catch similar groups, because all the landmarks appear as a list.

    ReplyDelete