Happy third rezday to me!

Thursday, November 05, 2009 / by

Wow, three years in SL and I'm still enjoying it :) I was wondering how to celebrate my rezday this year and finally decided to take the Poppins Challenge. It's a little SL tradition to jump on your rezday from the sky, naked, with an umbrella, as a symbol of 'jumping into the unknown world of Second Life'. I decided to jump in Murray region - it's the sim I rezzed in after Orientation Island and it was my home location for a long time. There's no welcome area there anymore, but it's still a place close to my avatar's pixel heart :) I covered myself in flowers (since it's PG area) and jumped!

Rez Day Poppins Challenge 1

Rez Day Poppins Challenge 2

Rez Day Poppins Challenge 3

Rez Day Poppins Challenge 4

Rez Day Poppins Challenge 5

It was kinda refreshing :)

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. Whoo! Happy rezday :D and congrats.
    I'd never heard of that, but it sure sounds... interesting.
    Anyway, here's to another 3 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy rezday, and that is quite an elegant jump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Rez Day Ayumi! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Daed:
    Yay, thank you! Cheers! ^^

    This 'tradition' is quite fresh and it's mostly silly fun ;) It was started by Moggs Oceanlane and people picked up the idea. Here's a link with the story behind it: Rez Day One - deep statement? Naaaaah.

    @Peter:
    Hehe, thanks! I was trying to do it like a lady :D

    @drickenbacker:
    Thankieeeees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, well I see why I didn't know it, it only says "You must be signed in to see this content." to me.
    And I can't sign in, because Yahoo hates me.
    So, well, anyway, never mind then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 100 laaat! 100 laaat! ściskam mocno urodzinowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy rezday! I'm three in a few days too :)

    And Murray was my home also - although not my rez home, I came to Murray a little later - but my best mate in SL came from Murray three years ago this month - Pinkie Delcon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Daed:
    There is some little info on SL Wikia too, but it doesn't explaing everything, so try to check that first link if you get an opportunity to do so ;)

    @Cytryna:
    Dziękuję, Cytrynko :)

    @HeadBurro:
    Thanks! :) Three years is a lot, isn't it?

    PS. Murray seems quite popular among residents from 2006!

    ReplyDelete