One year blog anniversary

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 / by

Yayness! :) Precisely one year ago I started this blog, not knowing if I would have time for it at all. And now, one year later, it still exists and it is more popular than I thought it would be (I even noticed some visitors from Linden Lab). The blog evolved a lot since I wrote the first post and seeing the number of readers increase so much over time, I assume it evolved the good way :)

Today I rummaged through blog statistics a bit but I'm not going to bore you with them, except a few bits that I think might be interesting for you, or just look colorful because they have a graph (joke ^^).

The number of readers
The number of unique visitors last month was 887 (with page views that's 1205) plus those who read my blog through various RSS readers (they're not counted into statistics since the sitemeter resides in my blog's sidebar). Amazing! The last few months I see a lot more people coming here, so the monthly unique visits will probably be above 1000 somehow soon :)

Readers location
Readers location
This graph looked a bit different a month ago. The number of Polish readers averaged about 25% if I remember correctly. It changed when we opened the Polish Republic. I met so many Polish residents in SL after the opening, that I actually lost track how many that was, which is pretty cool, I love meeting new people :) /me waves to new friends!

Browser share
Most of the visitors here use Firefox, which is great because my blog looks a bit better in Firefox. It's OK in IE too, but some spacings are bigger and the profile text is aligned to the left while it should be justified. I tried all possible changes in Blogger template and it won't allow me to fix that, so please use Firefox, cause I'm a perfectionist and I want you to get a perfect experience :P

My most popular posts
  • Oh hai, I has shadows! (this actually was the most popular blog post of the year on this blog and brought in an awesome crowd! hello new readers ^^)
  • Finding Magellan Linden (possibly the biggest roleplay in SL since quite a long time, basing on the story of Magellan Linden... started by long-time residents of SL, but even some Lindens took part in it; fun fun fun and I made some good friends too!; greetings to the explorers ^^)
  • Scripting made easy (a shout-out about Ann Enigma's wonderful scripting tool)
  • Plopp goes the sculptie (very simple sculpties creation through PloppSL)
  • SL'ang Life is here! (oh, you know... our beloved magazine about SL; who would've thought we'll have to close the project only after six months - that's a lot of time in SL, isn't it?)
The most popular search terms
These are the terms that made people click the link and visit the blog (pretty much consistent with the most popular posts).
  • ayumi cassini (ha! who's googling me? :P)
  • second life shadows patch (yup, I love SL dynamic shadows too)
  • magellan linden
  • simple scripting in second life
  • sl'ang life
So, that was a little summary. I'm really happy I've got a lot of regular readers and I've always wondered how they came across this blog. Randomly? Through recommendations from friends? A link from another blog? How did YOU find my blog? :) Whatever reason it is, I'd like to thank all of my readers for coming here, reading my posts, commenting, discussing and motivating me to write more!

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. w00t and congrats!
    I always like stats. Also very much enjoy Google Trends and Graphjam. Btw, I'm both a regular visitor and an RSS reader. New blog posts I get from RSS, once a week or so (or more often when I'm bored), I check for new comments.
    I use Opera as browser. I find it generally faster to render pages and it's more standards-compliant. It was the only serious IE alternative before Firefox, the 1st I know to use tabs and mouse gestures and easy keyboard-navigation. The usual Back, Forward, Reload buttons I have deleted from the UI and haven't used them in years; it's just faster, easier and better for your wrists to use the keyboard shortcut. Also png alpha support already worked in 2000 or so, IE hadn't even heard of png yet.
    I found your blog because you left comments on Torley's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big Happy Blogday from one of the explorers from the 15% slice of pie :-D

    Keep going matey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Ayu :)
    When I first met you, I was told you were a successful blogger. This is the first info about you I can recall. Noone mentioned the beauty of your soul (probably they wanted me to discover it myself ;) ), just the blog.

    Don't let your blog be more popular than your avatar ;) but pls, keep on posting Ayu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the bestest! I wanna be you when I grow up!

    Now you need to kick hard to keep me going ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Daed
    Haha, I'm a blog stats lover myself ;) And I'm a similar visitor to your blog (RSS and visits to the site) - waiting for a new entry ^^ And what's funny, I found your blog the same way you found mine :)
    PS. I used to use Opera as well, but it became too 'big and slow' for me at some point (especially the load time). Firefox works faster for me, though I like Maxthon the best (it's the fastest,the most user friendly and the least resource-eating browser ever). I'm not sure how safe it is though, so I just use Firefox instead and I got pretty much used to it.

    @HBA
    Yay, thank you :) Mmm pie! Lol, whenever someone says 'pie' I think of sweets. /me decides to go to a shop and buy some chocolate pie with cherries. Yes, that's what I'm going to do ;)

    @Uzi & Morri
    Awww, girls * huuuugs * You two know how to touch my heart :) Second Life would be boring without you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hm, new entry eh?
    Well I'm currently working on a new video that'll be up one of these days. And I have a few ideasfor new posts, but I need to think about it some more, so it'll be complete.
    At least you're actively blogging nowadays, so there's still enough new content on the interwebs. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. A video! OK, I can wait for that ^^

    I have some free time, so I'm writing new posts, since September will probably be busy ;) But now... vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary, Ayumi! Congratulations on your milestone. It has been great meeting and getting to know you as we ponder Magallan's situation and begin exploring the Grid in earnest on our own. The Magellan sensor you made has been put to good use at the Explorers' Base. I wonder what the next year will bring. Oops... gotta go. It's begun to rain and one of my own sensor's in the forest has stopped sending a signal. I better go check that out.

    Onward & Upward!

    Salazar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Salazar! Exploring Gaeta in search for Magellan was a great adventure and I'm happy I could investigate his case together with you and other fellow explorers!

    ReplyDelete